12 August 2011

Love Confessions

img20060704223806
img20070424161514

I am sure everyone knows about these Idols. If not, well, shame on you!

I wrote this a while back and I posted it on The Land Of The Dropping Pants website but I will put it here as well.

The  main pairings are; Tanaka Reina(Morning Musume member) & Fujimoto Miki(Former Morning Musume member/Leader), Sugaya Risako & Kumai Yurina (Berryz Kobo)

img20061219030341
Fujimoto Miki & Tanaka Reina

img20080907192111783
Sugaya Risako & Kumai Yurina

Love Confession Challenge

Black Gekikara

An H!P Morning Musume/Berryz Kobo One Shot Story

.


.

“Welcome back everyone, and to those who are just joining us, we welcome you to the new Hello Project Programme called...Let us say it together everyone.” The announcer and host to be of the newly started project urges everyone present.

“Evening Berryz!”

Excited voices ring out all over.

“Yes, Evening Berryz. It is supposedly Berryz Kobo’s answer to Morning Musume’s longest running Hello Morning broadcast. Also as the title suggests, it is to run during the evening hours as opposed to Hello Morning that runs in the morning. I also take this opportunity to announce that I will be hosting Evening Berryz. Yay!”

“Oh great! Now we have to put up with you even here?! That’s just great Nakazawa-san!” A voice deadpans amidst the congratulating claps. The one it is directed at hears it clear as day but really, almost everyone present couldn’t miss it seeing as the one who has spoken is none other than...

“Zip it Cool Aniki Fujimoto-san. You don’t see me being all jolly that I have to put up with you Musumes now do you?” A vein pops up on top of Nakazawa-san’s head.

Laughter breaks out from both parties of Morning Musume and Berryz Kobo. A quick comment confirming just how similar Nakazawa-san and Fujimoto-san are thanks to Niigaki-san doesn’t help any.

“Moving on, as the opening episode, we have the Morning Musume as guests seeing as they claim to be the flag ship of Hello Project. And, according to themselves, they are here to prove that they still hold the title despite the Berryz’s climbing popularity.
Are they really still with it or are they just talk? We are here today to find out the truth.

Morning Musume versus Berryz Kobo.

Those who are just joining us, we have already gone through the first two challenges of the three set and we have already gone through the third half way. To cut things short, the first challenge was ‘brawn’ which was obviously won by the Morning Musume - what with Ogawa-san, Fujimoto-san and Yoshizawa-san in there.” Here, our host Nakazawa-san chuckles and receives a Miki glare.

The second challenge, which was in academics, was interestingly won by our young group Berryz Kobo.” Nakazawa-san stares at the Morning group.

“You girls are dumb. You really need to study more.” Nakazawa-san makes the right decision to avert her eyes after the comment for the glares are wall-penetrating.

“Things got more interesting as we entered the third challenge which was confessions of love. Three couples were selected from each side and were to confess love to one another and the more convincing the more points you get.

I would say that so far, the Tsugunaga/Shimizu pair have been really convincing. They were great to an extent that I thought they had been serious. And we all know what's up with Ogawa-san and Yoshizawa-san. Great job you four.” Claps of appraisal ring out all over when Nakazawa-san pauses.

“But then we get to the really interesting pairs. To...Tokunaga-san, perhaps you should’ve let Natsuyaki-san do the confessing!”  Nakazawa-san’s attempts at stilling her giggles fail miserably as she breaks out in her palm. The two concerned girls could do nothing but try and get under their chairs even more.

“But that was nothing compared to Kamei-san’s confession to Takahashi-san. Can we please have a replay?” They all turn to the screen and once the play back is done, everyone is on the floor, even the camera shakes telling us that the crew weren’t spared as well.

“Ah...God, that was priceless. Just when I think you couldn’t surprise me anymore, you do just that Kamei-san. I think I might start to worship you.” Poor Kamei-san had gone and done it again. Do the exact opposite of what she intended, which for reasons unknown to her, always tickles people’s funny bones.

Everyone has red faces trying to recover from the Kamei Laughing gas bomb. Even Tanaka-san who usually only smiles was just getting back from the floor she had been pounding to control her laughter.

“Today has been really great so far, hasn’t it? And with that we head into our last round of the third challenge. We still have the Fujimoto/Tanaka and Kumai/Sugaya pairs to go. Kumai-san, Sugaya-san, please step up. You are next.”

The mentioned girls start to whisper to themselves when they make it to the stage. After coming to a decision, they face the audience. Kumai-san speaks first.

“The back-story is, we have been friends for a long time but in the past few weeks Yuri-chan - my self – has been distant and acting strangely towards her best friend Risa-chin – Sugaya-san – here.

Finally having had enough, Risa-chin confronts Yuri-chan and they head to the school roof to get to the bottom of things. They have been talking for a while so we join them when the conversation is getting quite heated.”

“I...I just want to know why you have been distant lately Yuri-chan. Why are you avoiding me?” Sugaya-san suddenly jumps in with a very passionately loud voice. A few present are actually taken by surprise. Even Kumai-san’s eyes widen a little and she steps back though we aren’t sure if she is acting or actually taken aback. There is fire in Risa-chin’s eyes even though they are misty from holding back tears.

“You want to know? You really want to know?” Kumai-san is in Yuri-chan mode.

“Yes!” Risa-chin answers in a frustrated voice as the emotions get to her.

“It’s because I love you.”

Silence.

“I love you Risa-chin. I am in love with you.”

More silence follows. No one dares even let a breath out.

“If you...If you really love me, then why would you be avoiding me? Shouldn’t you be doing the exact opposite? Shouldn’t we be closer instead?” Risa-chin lowers her eyes after she is able to respond to the unexpected answer from Yuri-chan.
It was the best response she could think of to break the silence as comfortably as she could. Comfortable was the least state she is in.

“I was avoiding you because I was afraid, okay? I was afraid.” Yuri-chan lowers her eyes in shame because she has never let her weak self show when she is around Risa-chin.

“What are you afraid of Yuri-chan?” They had been friends since kindergarten. To Risa-chin, Yuri-chan is the strongest person she knows.

“...my sun...” Is all Risa-chin can make out when Yuri-chan opens her mouth.

“What?”

Everyone else straighten themselves trying to stretch their ears more than is possible. The room is full of heated excitement and many more feelings.

“You are my sun. You know what they say about getting close to the sun.” Here Yuri-chan pauses dramatically before continuing.
“But it is not that I was afraid of burning that I stayed away from you. It is because I know that when I get close, you too will want to get close and when I burn, I would leave a stain on you. I don’t want that.

I don’t want to leave a stain on you. You should be pure forever as you are now. Blindingly right without a stain that I for sure know will leave.

And I know you well enough to know that were I to tell you how I feel, you would return those feelings even if you didn’t understand them. Not just yet. And I guess that is my fault in some way seeing as I always chased away any boy that dared come close to you.”

Breaths can be heard being sucked in by all the girls and crew present at this spectacular display of (fake?) love, as Yuri-chan pauses to reach in her pockets for something.

It’s a necklace that she had been donning not long ago but had removed to use in the performance. There is a beautiful red gen hanging from its centre.

“I don’t want you to say a strong word as love just yet no matter how much I want to hear it. So I will let you choose if you want to give it a try. I will come as far as this red rock – Mars – and you may come and meet me - If you don’t mind the stain.”

Yuri-chan holds out her hands with the necklace laying opened in her fingers. Though she says that, there is some fear in her eyes. Fear of perhaps rejection.

As an answer, Risa-chin doesn’t waste even a second moving the first foot then the next until she is right in front of Yuri-chan. She reaches a hand out to stoke said girl’s neck.

“Silly Yuri-chan. It is just a stain after all.” She smiles.

A bigger smile and emotions break out on Yuri-chan’s face and she seems most eager to put the necklace around her Risa-chin’s neck.

They hug as closure to their performance.

Nothing happens for a while until Nakazawa-san notices that the two girls are staring at her looking sheepish and very red in the face.

She decides to start clapping as she waits for her voice to come back to her. The others come to their senses too and then whistles, cheers and cries of amazement break out.

After some long praises, Nakazawa-san decides to break it up or they would really sleep there. “Wow! Just...Wow! That was so damn amazing. I was almost convinced there that you were confessing for real Kumai-san.”

Kumai Yurina could only try to stop her face from going aflame for real.

“And you Sugaya-san, how could you take that in and manage to hold yourself back?!”

“Wait a second Boss. What exactly have you been expecting her to do you geezer?” It is Fujimoto’s home run to Nakazawa-san’s earlier pitcher.

As for Sugaya-san’s reaction, let’s just say that Kumai-chan is stronger than Sugaya-san both physically and emotionally.

“Oh don’t act all innocent on me Fujimoto. You know exactly what I mean and while we are on the subject, you are up with Tanaka-san.

As things stand, I would say that you are losing so you better put up a better show, as much as I doubt that.”
“Hmnp. I will show you.”

In a different room but the same building, the president of Hello Project Mr Tsunku had his eyes glued on his live feed from the broadcasting room. The only thought on his great mind was...

“Why didn’t I think of this sooner?”

Back to the other room, Fujimoto-san is just done quietly apologizing to Tanaka-san who looks confused by the action. The taller and slightly larger girl clears her throat as she straightens up, only one foot away from Tanaka-san.

“Re---Rei-chan...” She began and at the same time placing her hands on the smaller girl’s shoulders. She acts nervous which is thankfully picked up on by her partner judging from the sound of her answer.

“Yes Fujimoto-san?” Tanaka stammers out the name as she decides to stick with ‘Fujimoto-san.’

“I want you Rei-chan.”

“Wh...What are you saying Fujimoto-san!?” Tanaka-san starts to get more nervous queue the fire and another unexplainable look that took over Fujimoto-san’s eyes.

“I want you so very much Rei-chan.

I want to cut you up. Dissect you into tiny pieces. Crush you and break you down to your cellular level. Study every last stretch of your atoms under the microscope even though I am no scientist.”

A very big gulp is heard all over the room. It’s from Tanaka-san. She is very sure she is not in character anymore. She tries very hard to get back into the acting as Fujimoto-san opens her mouth to continue.

“I want to know everything – everything – about you.”

The crazy look of perhaps a mad scientist disappeared so fast that Tanaka was wondering if it had been there at all. Only to be just as fast replaced by a more dangerous one.

It’s a kind of look that was a hungry lion to have expressions, would be the look it would have just before it pounces on the dear.
To the fellow members of Musume, it is the kind that Konno-san gave that poor foreign pudding that they had the previous Christmas while they were in Hawaii.

A gulp that is out of anything but fear rises out of the smaller girl’s throat when Fujimoto-san licks her lips in a very disturbing way.

“I want to eat you up. I want to eat the whole of you up very slowly so that I can savor and record every different taste of every different and last inch of your body. That oh so very sexy and proportioned just right body.

Soup from the crushed bones that shape you up so right would taste out of this world I know.

I have never craved onigiri as I do when I look at that lovely hair of yours that I know would make the perfect ingredient instead of sea weed.

I want to devour you.

Every. Last. Inch. Of. You.”

And here Fujimoto makes an exaggerated sigh as she lowers her eyes and when they come back up, they look different. Not that dangerous or weird look again and yet, not the calming kind different.

There is so much love in them and so much sorrow. Tanaka-san wishes it was someone else in her shoes right at the moment because she has no idea how to take these emotions in.

‘It’s just an act’. She keeps telling herself. But her body does not listen.

“I want to do all that when I am around you.

I know that if I were to actually do those things, I wouldn’t have you anymore no matter how enjoyable the moment. I get really scared when I think like that.

But now I understand. I know that this is how precious you are to me.

I know that no matter how long it may be I will always wake up with this need.

The need for you.”

The part of the look in Fujimoto-san’s eyes that has been sorrow converts into love. Now there is so much love in her eyes that everyone gasps.

The Fujimoto look they are seeing has never been shown before. Even the crew men behind the cameras remove their heads from behind the lens to confirm that what they are seeing is indeed real.

Tanaka just wants this thing - Confession game – whatever it is to just end. Her body is doing weird things that she has no idea what to do with them. All she knows is that she has to use the rest room.

Nakazawa-san who was trying her hardest to get her voice to work so that she can warn Fujimoto that they are live on TV and many kids are probably watching and thus to turn the stuff level down, is betrayed by her body. Instead her head leans forward for more attention.

“I love you Rei-chan.”

This time a killer smile joined the love-filled face of Fujimoto-san and sucking in of breaths is all everyone can do to stop something, anything stupid from coming out of their mouths.

“I love you.”

And so, when the usual glare/stare comes back to Fujimoto-san’s face, albeit a somewhat satisfied smirk in place, no one knows what to do with what they are feeling at the moment.

“E...Excuse me. I have to use the bathroom.” - Except one.

Tanaka-san’s exit is the flip switch to let out their reactions.

“OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod!” Mishishige-san’s first words after that sum up all others’ quite perfectly.

They are struck dumb and Fujimoto-san is left to fight for oxygen as all her comrades decide that hugging her to death is the best way to express their feelings.

“A...Aniki. Please let me join you.

Either you are the greatest actress or there is something you aren’t telling us.”

“Wouldn’t you like to know, Nakazawa-san.” The very I showed you look that is sent her way is not missed by Nakazawa-san.

“I think it is best that we leave the comments of these last two couples until after the show ends.

Somehow I have a feeling that had we been off air, ‘chu’s would be flying everywhere.

Anyway, with that, let the Love Radar show us the score for the third and last challenge.”

Everyone turns towards the big screen that begins to flicker and these are the ranking for all;

Love Chart

“And with that, I apologize to Berryz Kobo for having to take the penalty reward on the debut of their show but the winners are, the Morning Musume.”

Everyone cheers.

“Perhaps you aren’t quite as bad as I thought.” - Nakazawa-san chimes in, not one to ever miss an opportunity.

At this point, Tanaka-san comes back. She takes her seat that is next to her partner for the third challenge.

The calmness that she has managed to salvage while away from her goes back out the way she has come.

“Are you alright Tanaka-san?” the host ask as a little worried. She knows she would’ve acted the same if not worse than the girl had she been in her shoes.

“Yeah, I am good now. I just needed to use the restroom is all.”

“Okay then. I am sorry but we will have you drink this new Potato juice as your punishment Berryz. Please step forward.”

As the younger group of girls make their way to the centre with twisted faces, Fujimoto-san leans in close to Tanaka to whisper into her ear.

“Are you sure you are okay? I am really sorry if I made you that uneasy.”

The older girl looks really sorry that Tanaka manages an assuring smile as she nods and answers that she is quite alright.

“You just took me by surprise is all. But...”

“But?”

“Ah, it’s nothing really.”

Fujimoto raises an eyebrow.

“Well, if you are sure.”

“Ye...yeah.”

Tanaka turns her attention back to the event going on. She is anything but alright though she knows that she will be.
What she doesn’t know of is the talk that Nakazawa-san postponed for later when they are not in front of cameras.

~END~

No comments:

Post a Comment